IN Patient Admission Process and Criteria
It is the policy of Apollo Behavioral Health Hospital to admit patients, age 18 or older, whose mental condition warrants acute, inpatient psychiatric care. Patients appropriate for admission are accepted regardless of third-party reimbursement status, ability to pay for services, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or disability.
Patients who show evidence of symptoms of acute psychiatric disorders will be accepted for admission if they are medically cleared.
Conditions that warrant admission include, but are not limited to:
- Suicide attempt or risk
- Homicide ideation, intent, or risk of violent/assaultive behavior as a result of a psychiatric disorder
- Psychiatric symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions, catatonia, mania, depression which are severe enough to cause disordered/bizarre behavior or psychomotor agitation or retardation resulting in functional problems in daily living
- Self-destructive or self-mutative behavior
- Memory impairment and/or disorientation that might endanger welfare of self or others
- Inability to maintain adequate nutrition, severe enough to threaten life or vital body functions
- Mental disorders not responding to outpatient therapy or noncompliance with outpatient therapy resulting in severe psychiatric symptoms
- Patients with chronic, organic mental conditions who are also experiencing severe psychiatric symptoms such as psychosis or disordered/bizarre behavior
- Patients who are deemed gravely disable
There are generally two types of in-patient treatment admissions:
Voluntary – A patient voluntarily requests admission
Involuntary – There are three forms of involuntary admission:
P.E.C. – Physician Emergency Certificate (Physician)
O.P.C. – Order of Protective Custody (Judicial)
C.E.C. – Coroner Emergency Certificate (Coroner)
OUT Patient Admission Process and Criteria
It is the policy of Apollo Behavioral Health Hospital to admit patients, age 18 or older, whose mental condition warrants PHP/IOP psychiatric care. Patients appropriate for admission are accepted regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or disability.
The Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) accept most third party payments, including Medicare. Most insurance companies require pre-authorization. Please contact ABHH outpatient Services staff for more information.
- A referred patient must be experiencing significant impairment in multiple areas of daily life.
- The patient must present with acute symptoms of psychiatric illness that are expected to improve with short-term psychotherapy and/or pharmacologic intervention.
- Although a patient may experience suicidal or homicidal ideation, they must not be in imminent risk of acting on these dangerous thoughts.
- The patient must be able and willing to seek emergency assistance or go to nearest emergency room or call 911 in the event of a potential crisis outside of program hours.
- The patient must be willing and able to participate in group therapy.
Apollo Behavioral Health Hospital provides admission services 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Contact us at (225) 663-2881 or 1-855-435-4322.You can fax the referral packet to 225-355-1555